Under immediate supervision, assists in engineering work related to researching, designing, and developing mechanical products for aviation platforms and/or systems.Conducts routine analyses and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials or processes, completes required documentation and may provide recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs basic engineering work in analysis, design, development, evaluation, planning, testing and operation in support of system and technical product development.Duties often include the collection of information and data, performance of various tests, and the development of technical documents.
- Applies standard technical concepts, techniques, and procedures to provide assistance to higher-level engineers in the design and development of technical products.Typically follows guidelines established by precedence.
- Supports senior technical personnel and project managers in various technical activities related to design and technical product development.Receives immediate supervision from management as well as technical guidance and training from the more experienced technical staff.
- Complies with applicable quality and security procedures in the performance of duties.May provide recommendations for improvements to existing quality systems and applicable company procedures and guidelines.
- Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
- Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Attending a two-year or four-year accredited college/university for engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering major.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of engineering principals, methods, and techniques.
- Working knowledge of relevant tools, equipment, hardware, and software.
- Basic internal team communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs and CAD Applications.
Security Clearance: None
Telework - Limited