Date: Oct 12, 2021
Location: Cincinnati, OH, US, 45069
Company: Contech Engineered Solutions LLC
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Contech Engineered Solutions has aneed for aStructuresIntern to join ourCincinnati, Ohioteam during the Spring 2022 term. TheStructuresIntern will work closely with the design team who act in a consultative role Additionally, the internwill proactively support the field marketing team to establish and build civil engineering client relationships and meet the commercial objectives of the company. Civil and Environmental Engineering majors preferred.
* Present project specific solutions to civil engineering clients. Provide quality design calculations, basic illustrations, and advice to secure and integrate our products on site plans.
* Work effectively with field and internal team members to achieve team goals.
* Respond to civil engineer clients on project-specific inquiries and general industry questions.
* Provide feedback and design assistance to civil engineer clients through plan review and interpretation.
* Establish and maintain rapport with civil engineer clients.
* Manage and track projects in the design phase. Ensure all project data is current and communicated to all team members on a regular basis. Assist with all projects, at all stages, as necessary.
* Maintain engineering standards and procedures.
* Provide project and technical support for submittal drawings, production and product delivery.
* Negotiate directly with specifying civil engineer to develop and hold product specification.
* Ensure pertinent information collected from specifying civil engineers is accurately entered into the project database.
* Understand and provide advice to clients and field team on local stormwater regulations.
* Work with Regulatory Services to develop new markets, increase market presence in existing markets, and drive the highest specification for water quality that the region will support.
* Proactively promote Contech products to increase pipeline and sales.
* Support promotional and strategic efforts of the organization.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Current student with coursework in Civil or related engineering field.
* Experiencewith or knowledge ofdrainage design preferred.
* Ability to prepare and review standard engineering documentation and plans.
* Enthusiasm and passion for the business and achieving organizational goals.
* Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Team player; able to share thoughts openly, accept new ideas and get the job done in a highly interactive process.
* Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
* Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, data base management software, basic CAD)
* Ability to withstand substantial movement of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
* Required to have close visual acuity to perform duties
Local Candidates Only Please. No Relocation Assistance is Available.
Contech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, transgender status,national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Click here to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement.
Contech is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment. If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact the Contech Recruiting team at (513) 645-7000.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Structural Engineer, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Compliance, Engineering, Legal