- Leads category management team, establishing and communicating vision and strategic direction of the category management function within the context of the wider procurement strategy for the organization. Provides coaching and direction to enable delivery of performance targets and staff development.
- Creates a working environment that encourages high performance and innovation.
- Removes roadblocks to enable the delivery of procurement and client account goals.
- Promotes compliance with C&W's code of conduct.
- Responsible for working with procurement business partners and service line leadership to align category management vision with service line and procurement priorities.
- Incorporates industry best practices into category delivery.
- Utilizes demand planning to target value from supplier agreements.
- Monitors preferred supplier utilization, builds roster to ensure capability to deliver across the service line portfolios, and monitors performance to ensure capability to meet account needs.
- Ability to develop and understand data analytics, to mine data to drive in depth analysis of client 3rd party spend.
- Ensure effective commercial arrangements.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with business units and on account procurement teams and infuses our preferred supplier relationships into account deliver.
- Creates a unified team environment and team goals and ensures all business units and vendor stakeholders understand the connection between account goals objectives and preferred supplier program.
- Drives for results by consistently achieving goals in a timely manner.
- Develops and delivers communications with clarity and impact, ensuring consistent messaging.
- Leads a team that reinforces and maintains standards, processes and templates that enable sourcing delivery.
- Encourages creation and brings new best in class ideas and approaches to the table for developing and executing category strategies and working within the supply market to ensure Cushman & Wakefield meets or exceeds their objectives.
- Working with on account procurement and the transitions team to identify potential right suppliers for the client, utilizing our preferred supplier relationships.
- Working cross-functionally with other departments including Finance, Operations, TDS, HR, Project Management, etc. for delivery of category strategies.
- Working with C&W Legal Counsel to ensure consistent templates and fall back language to enable effective negotiations and risk mitigation.
- Develops change management capability within the team.
- Develop tools and templates to ensure robust communication planning and delivery to drive usage of our preferred supplier program and the procurement toolkit.
This role is instrumental in delivering value to Cushman & Wakefield's clients through leveraging the Company's aggregated spend across the client base in order to negotiate best in class rates and contractual terms and conditions at the individual client property level. Procurement is a cornerstone of Cushman & Wakefield's value proposition to clients and the Procurement Director may accompany Cushman & Wakefield executives on new client pitches and existing client quarterly business reviews to highlight the bottom-line benefits that our group delivers. As such, the Sr. Director for Category Management will also work with Marketing to develop methods to highlight their category accomplishments to clients by drafting white papers and updating internal and external Cushman & Wakefield website platforms.
The successful candidate must possess the following attributes:
- In-depth knowledge of Procurement and fundamentals
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships with key business stakeholders and 3rd party vendors
- Inner drive to accomplish goals and not deterred by obstacles
- Capacity to develop innovative strategies and solutions, Creative problem solver
- Contract negotiation and ongoing management skills
- An understanding of the commercial real estate industry
- Facility, Construction and Project Management category specific knowledge
- Analytics, ability to mine data to drive in depth analysis
- Building and managing diverse supplier relationships
- Interface with all levels in the organization
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Preferred: have at least 10-15 years of relevant supply management or project management experience
- Professional certifications preferred e.g., CPSM, CIPS, C.P.M., or evidence of continued professional growth