All about us
You likely know us as an insurance company, but that's just a portion of what we do. Hundreds of thousands of North Dakotans trust us to provide them with personalized service and unmatched access to care. It's a mission we take seriously.
We also work with entities throughout the state to challenge the cost and complexity of health care in North Dakota. This uncompromising goal requires caring, innovative people who are ready and willing to help create a new level of health and well-being in North Dakota and beyond.
This opportunity is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement based out of our Fargo, North Dakota office location. We empower our employees to find a work style that is best for them. Learn more at .
The BCBSND Summer Internship program runs from Monday, May 20th 2024 through Friday, August 9th 2024 and is paid full-time.
Pay Level: 014
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt-Hourly
A day in the life
This internship will work within the Health Integration division and the Quality Management department. As an intern, you can expect a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in promoting member-centered care and contributing to the overall quality improvement initiatives within our organization. The intern will collaborate with cross functional teams to develop strategies to enhance quality through data analysis and action plan development.
Your responsibilities will include
- Job responsibilities are outlined in an individual work plan for each intern position; however, assignments will generally include the following types of job duties:
- Researching or gathering information in support of other staff or projects.
- Reviewing and summarizing data.
- Verifying the accuracy of information, reconciling data and identifying inconsistencies.
- Developing spreadsheet(s) or database file(s), inputting data and identifying trends.
- Preparing draft presentation material.
- Creating content or preparing informational material for internal or external clients.
- Assisting in or resolving client issues of a standard nature.
- Assisting in planning events or program rollout.
- Participating in training activities.
- The internship will also include the below:
- Identify, communicate, and assist in business improvement opportunities based on analysis of requirements and future impacts.
- Support business initiatives through data analysis and identification of implementation barriers.
- Prepare and distribute reports and metrics by analyzing and summarizing the information and trends to ensure accurate measurement of health outcomes.
- Gain intimate knowledge of quality programs and value-based contracts across Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial lines of business.
- Demonstrates professional workplace behaviors, is punctual and presents an appropriate appearance. Respects company policies and demonstrates ethical conduct.
What you need to succeed
- Currently completing post-secondary studies in Business, Business Management, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Analytics or be a recent graduate.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to take initiative in a team environment.
- Collaborates with team members, mentors, and leaders within the organization.
- Coachable with a highly motivated work ethic.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with different data analytics tools is a plus!
Equivalent combination of education, experience or training determined to be acceptable by Human Resources may be substituted, unless regulated by contract or program standards
Benefits and perks
- Encouraged paid time off including paid holidays.
- 4 hours of paid volunteer time with a $200 donation to a charity of your choice upon completion of all volunteer hours.
- Employee recognition, community initiative events and yearly company outings.
- Workplace flexibility offering different options for working arrangements and the freedom to make time for important commitments.
- 401k eligibility.
Equal opportunity employment
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individual with Disabilities, as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
For questions, please email .
This job posting will be closed 10/18/2023 at 8:00 a.m. (CT). No further applications will be considered.