- Planning System Center Configuration Manager hierarchy and site systems roles
Creating and managing Boundary Groups across one or more Distribution Points
Management of site communications. (Bandwidth, Secondary Sites, etc.)
- Role-Based Administration: Managing custom roles and security groups
- General monitoring of site health via SCCM console
- Planning, configuring and implementing a backup plan to mitigate the loss of SCCM services in the event of a disaster
- Design and plan complex hardware deployments, software upgrades, and significant operational initiatives, including migrations of end user workstations from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Creates and distributes native Windows Installer (MSI) based application packages with in SCCM
- Prepare, distributes, and deploys critical, security, and otherwise required patches through SCCM
- Plan, design and implement Wake on LAN
- Plan, design and implement Software Metering
- Manage upgrades and monitor general health while providing expertise guidance on improvements
- Manage and configure user and device collections
- Deploying operating system images
- Deploy management agents while also troubleshooting client health
- Manage and report on hardware and software inventory
- Create, modify, and produce custom reporting as needed
- Perform and assist with any other functions as required by the manager
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years' experience in desktop engineering and endpoint system management, design, architecture. 5 years minimum in Active Directory - GPO and Azure
- 5+ years' experience in designing, building, and deploying Microsoft Enterprise Configuration Manager (MECM) within a complex enterprise wide environment of 10,000+ endpoints
- 5+ years' experience in software packaging and software delivery methodologies
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Candidates should demonstrate enterprise level knowledge of endpoint management solutions, such as Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), MSI Package Builder, Microsoft Intune and other tools
- Experience creating SCCM technical architecture and providing strategic technical direction
- Expert with endpoint integration with group policy management, improved environment insight, etc.
- Strong knowledge across multiple scripting languages and tools such as Visual Basic, PowerShell, or Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to convey solutions to upper management
- Continuously identify and leverage new technologies and methodologies
- Experience in supporting Mac systems in enterprise environment is plus
- Experience in Microsoft 365 unified endpoint management is a plus
Technology Careers with Optum.Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to doyour life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:desktop engineering, endpoint system management, design, architecture