This isn't HR. This is Human Capital at UnitedHealth Group. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Trainers with UnitedHealth Group have the opportunity to train talented individuals and exceptional professionals. This a great opportunity to effect the delivery of training programs across a Fortune 25 Organization. In this role, the trainer will keep abreast of various training delivery techniques, business processes, products and systems in specific areas of expertise. This could encompass training of Claims or Customer Service individuals in the Training Delivery Operational functions and could include some aspects of the design process.
The RN Clinical Trainer is involved in Your job duties include auditing of the department programs and processes to ensure staff compliance within the established policies and procedures, approved guidelines, and criteria application. This position is responsible to conduct research to stay current with health care regulations, compliance requirements, and best practices in nursing. This position will also assist the Director of Medical Management with the annual health plan delegation assessment, internal utilization studies, and other campaigns to include data gathering, analysis, and quality improvement initiatives.
If you are located in Colorado Springs or Denver, CO you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess training and organizational development needs, developing training programs and/or conducting training sessions related to the CO market Medical Management Department functions and programs
- Maintain clinical expertise and knowledge of scientific progress in nursing and medical arena and incorporate this information into the training program
- Management of team workflows, processes, and other documentation with guidance from Director of Medical Management
- Assist in ensuring the operational implementation of all Medical Management Policies and
- Procedures within the department thru a variety of training methods
- Perform audits of the department programs and processes to ensure staff compliance within the established policies and procedures, approved guidelines, and criteria application
- Contribute to the professional growth of team members
- Collaborate with appropriate resources to facilitate development of applicable learning and training programs
- Identify, understand, and prepare the appropriate training technology to ensure effective learning
- Adapt training programs to the learning styles of the audience and ensure that understanding of learning content is documented
- Gather feedback and track outcomes of the training process and make appropriate adjustments
- Assist the Director of Medical Management with the annual health plan delegation assessment, internal utilization studies, and other campaigns to include data gathering, analysis, and quality improvement
- Perform other duties as required or requested in a positive and helpful manner to enable the department to achieve its goals
- HIPAA Security Level
- High access to systems/patient information
- Supervisory Duties:Work Environment/Schedule: Office environment, some remote option. Full time Monday thru Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Must have the ability to push, lift, or pull objects up to 40 pounds, using proper body mechanics. Requires sitting, standing, and general movement in the office
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted
Colorado RN license: BSN preferred
- Five+ years
clinical nursing experience
- Three+ years'
previous utilization/case management and/or experience focused on managed care
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and
analytical skills necessary for data collection, analysis, and quality
independently and with teams and demonstrate effective group dynamics and
conflict resolution skills
- Independent and confident
- Take initiative to identify
potential or actual obstacles and work with others to develop solutions
- Work with various computer
software applications with an intermediate level of competence
- If you need to enter
a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using
the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your
symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener.
When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in
common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local
Careers with Optum. Here's
the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make
health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's
large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle
choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap
beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the
UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest
minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach
its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams
against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one
incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth
Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a
drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN
Clinical Trainer, Denver, Colorado Springs, CO, Colorado