Doing the right thing is a way of life at Rocky Mountain Health Plans (RMHP). As part of the UnitedHealthcare family of plans, RMHP provides innovative health insurance coverage and personalized attention to individuals of all ages and business of all sizes throughout Western and rural Colorado. RMHP is continually striving to improve the health and wellness of our Members and partners in the state where we live, work, and play - because we're Colorado, too.
You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it's all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients. In this role, you'll work in the field and coordinate the long-term care needs for patients in the local community. And at every turn, you'll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients.
In this Medicaid Behavioral Health Outreach Coordinator role, will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
If you are located in Aspen / Glenwood Springs CO, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Expect to spend up to 80% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities. You'll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient's needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
- Act as a resource to other team members as it relates to behavioral health issues
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree or 3+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role (or experience as mandated by the state contract)
- Reside within a commutable distance of Garfield / Pitken County
- Experience in case management or care coordination
- 1+ year of experience in Behavioral Health
- Experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- The ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- LPN/LVN, CNA, licensed social worker and/or behavioral health or clinical degree
- A background in managing populations with behavioral health needs
- Experience with electronic charting
- Prior field based work experience
Doing the right thing is a way of life at Rocky Mountain Health Plans (RMHP). For more than 225,000 members of our unique, physician-founded health care organization, we provide innovative health insurance coverage and personalized attention to individuals of all ages and business of all sizes throughout Western and rural Colorado. As a part of Optum, the fastest growing part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we've enhanced our offerings through sophisticated tools and technologies, superior customer service and a commitment to striving to improve the health and wellness of our Members and partners in the state where we live, work, and play - because we're Colorado, too. From a career perspective you couldn't do better. We're all about quality and making a difference. And can make our opportunities your opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:Medicaid Community Outreach Coordinator. Community Outreach Coordinator, Outreach Coordinator, Behavioral Health, Medicaid, Community health, Case management, Care Coordination, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Aspen, Glenwood Springs, Colorado, CO