MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec - Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you'll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec Utility Services Group is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Telecommunications Equipment Operator is responsible for operating the machines required to install the conduit, cables, poles, transformers, pull boxes, transformer pads, and switchgear colors for customers. This position supports the Line team and works with personnel within the department.
- Safely and skillfully operate and maintain construction equipment and assigned vehicles (cable plows, backhoe, mini excavator, skid steers and other utility construction equipment needed).
- Perform service, safety checks, and minor repairs on machine, check oil and fluids.
- Slope ditches and/or shore ditches and pits.
- Load trucks in safe and accident free manner.
- Observe pipe laying for safety purposes, such as possible cave-ins.
- Dig around all live utilities, both underground and overhead.
- Maintain sub-grade and assist in setup grade.
- Set up center line.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
1. High School Diploma, or equivalent with 1 year of related experience.
2. A valid driver's license.
3. Ability to add and subtract 2 digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
4. Good verbal and written communication skills.
5. Precise hand-eye coordination.
6. Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less with the ability to judge distance and space relationships.
7. Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
8. Ability to read prints and spot cables.
9. Ability to operate equipment.
1. 2 or more years of experience.
2. Heavy equipment operator experience and any applicable licensure.
3. OQ Certification.
4. DOT Certified Flagger.
5. A CDL Class A license.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, and twisting. Also, this role works in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is physically active, with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The Company reserves the right to revise or change the job duties as the need arises. Management reserves the right to change the description, duties or work schedules to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.